Friday, June 24, 2011

Brilliant Revelation re: Zucchini Orzo from this week's Cook Along

Tonight we had Leftover Lotto for dinner, which is basically my attempt at jazzing up boring old leftovers.  I opted for the leftover orzo from the other night's cookalong with. . . . . . . . . wait for it. . . . . . . . . . it's worth the wait. . . . . a poached egg on top!

I heated up the orzo in a non stick skillet with a pat of butter, added an extra splash of lemon juice, and a handful of parmesan cheese, and then I poached an egg and plopped it on top of my bowl of pasta.  After mixing up the egg with all the pasta and cheese, I was left with a bowl of pasta and zucchini in a light but luscious sauce.  Enough protein from the egg to call it dinner, and a mighty satisfying one at that!

AH

PS - A little cooked pancetta, ham or bacon with this would propel it into the realm of the truly stellar.

1 comment: